The following setup instructions apply setting up an ODBC connection to a Pilot ERP company database.
- Download the ODBC driver installer and save it to your PC: http://piloterp.com/downloads/utilities/442dbisamodbc.exe
- Open and run the ODBC installer. Leave all options as the default and just keep clicking Next until it finishes the install. NOTE: This is a free version of the ODBC driver and may give you a nag screen about a trial, but it is fully functional and you can use it as often as needed.
- Go to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder on your PC and locate the “odbcad32.exe” file and double click on it to open. This is the 32 bit ODBC administrator where you will set up the connection.
- In the ODBC administrator, click on the “Add” button then select the DBISAM 4 ODBC Driver and click Finish.
- Enter a name for the ODBC connection (anything is fine) and click Next.
- Select the Remote (Client/Server) option and click Next.
- Enter the IP Address of the server where Pilot ERP is installed into the IP Address field and change the Port field to 12015. (leave the remaining fields blank) Then click Next.
- Leave this screen as is and click Next.
- Enter the following values: Username = Admin
Password = DBAdmin
NOTE: Both username and password are case sensitive.
Click Next after entering Uname and PW.
- Select the company database name from the dropdown. Click Next.
- Leave the next screen as is, click Next.
- Don’t make any changes on the next 3 screens and click Next and Finish on the last screen.